Fabrics for upholstering furniture can be natural fibers, synthetic, or mixed. Therefore, they need different care and cleaning. However, general requirements for the maintenance and cleaning of all tapestry upholstery can be distinguished:
- vacuum and ventilate them regularly, use a vacuum cleaner or a brush;
- protect the fabric from mechanical damage, try not to smear it with chemicals and other liquids;
- clean the stain immediately before it is absorbed;
- clean stains with gentle circular motions;
- test the cleaner in an invisible area of the upholstery. If the color of the fabric does not change, you can use it;
- dry the cleaned area (do not iron);
- do not store the furniture in the direct sunlight or near heat sources, as this is harmful.